Saturday, August 29, 2015

Jackie Chan Interview about Dragon Blade


How is Dragon Blade different from other Jackie Chan films?

When you look at my previous movies, all I did was fight! From the opening credits to the closing credits. The audience was excited when I jumped from a tall building or leaped from a moving bus. It was all fresh. But now, with this new film, I’ve come to realize that if the plot is really good then the audience will cheer even if there is only one single punch!

  

Who do you play?

I play Huo An, the adopted son of the legendary general Huo Qubing. He was a real historical figure, the founder and commanding officer of the Silk Road Protection Squad of the Western Regions in China. Huo An is a man who detests war, but he lives in a time when peace can only be gained by fighting.



Have you ever been seriously injured?

The most serious injury I had was during the shooting of Armour of God II. It was actually just a simple stunt, jumping from a slope. But I was seriously injured and had surgery on my brain. I still have a metal plate in my head and can feel the indentation from the impact.




Do you feel you are making progress in changing attitudes in China when it comes to conserving wildlife?

As an ambassador of WildAid, I have been supporting the saving of all kinds of creatures including tigers, sharks, rhinos, and elephants. I think China is undergoing a big change in its attitudes in regard to conserving wildlife, but it will take time.



What is the most important lesson life has taught you?

As I have been injured so many times, I have come to cherish life more. I focus more on environmental protection activities and charity work. I deeply understand that I am very blessed. So I have been actively participating in all kinds of charitable works and contributing myself to help the poor and people in need.



No comments:

Post a Comment